Wednesday, 13 June 2012
I had a very busy Tuesday with West End Ward activities yesterday including :
* A meeting with the sheltered tenants in Tullideph at the sheltered lounge in Tullideph Place, where we discussed a number of local issues, including the punctuality of local bus services.
* Attending the latest meeting of the Sinderins Court and Pennycook Court Residents' Association, at which one of the local community policemen for the area also attended and we discussed local issues around the sheltered housing area.
* I thereafter attended the latest meeting of the Jericho House Support Group at the base in Artillery Lane. I have recently been assisting the group, who assist men with alcohol-related problems, over funding and benefits related issues and, after discussion yesterday, will be discussing these further with the Social Work and Finance Departments of Dundee City Council. The staff and service users at Jericho House recently took part in the large West End litter and graffiti clean-up I assisted with the organisation of, and we were most grateful for their help.
* I also held a meeting with the sheltered tenants at the Ancrum Place and Morven Terrace and we had a good discussion about many local issues including lighting in the sheltered housing complex and overgrown trees. As with all the other meetings I attended yesterday, I am taking forward all issues raised by residents with the appropriate organisation or council department.
* Last night, I attended the final meeting of West End Community Council of its present session, before its summer break. There was a detailed and highly informative presentation by the Dundee Airport Manager as well as an update on local policing matters by the community police officer covering the western part of the West End ward. I was able to update the Community Council about a road safety matter at Sinderins and on local litter issues and forthcoming events as part of WestFest were also mentioned. The Community Council next meets after its summer break on the second Tuesday of September.