Dundee Volunteer and Voluntary Action is working in partnership with Dundee City Council to provide an exemption letter to people who have a health condition or disability who are unable to wear a face covering safely in order to support any difficulties they may be having.
People may have an acceptable reason not to wear a face covering if:
• They have a health condition where a face covering would be inappropriate because it would cause pain, severe distress or anxiety
• They cannot apply a covering and wear it in the proper manner safely and consistently
• They need to take medication
• They need to communicate with another who relies on lip reading
• They need to eat or drink
• They are a child under the age of five
You can contact the council’s Customer Services on 433558 for more information or complete the online form at https://my.dundeecity.gov.uk/MyServices to request a letter.