Sunday, 22 May 2016
Further to my update in March indicating major Scottish Water infrastructure works in the West End (the major effect of which will not be until July when there will be one-way traffic in the area of the Perth Road shopping area for up to eight weeks, followed by works on City Road), please now see the Temporary Traffic Order from Dundee City Council below.
The work programme covered in the Order starts this week. As the work progresses, please note that the dates assigned to each street are only indicative and could be subject to change dependent upon progress. The eastbound closure of Perth Road will remain constant however commencing on 4th July :
Dundee City Council propose to make an Order under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose of facilitating Scottish Water mains renewal works. The Order is expected to be in force for twenty two weeks from 23 May 2016. Its maximum duration in terms of the Act is eighteen months.
The effect of the Order is to prohibit temporarily all vehicular traffic in the following streets:
1) Brown Street between Guthrie Street and Hawkhill
2) Session Street between Guthrie Street and Hawkhill
3) Old Hawkhill westbound between West Port and Hunter Street
4) West Port westbound between South Tay Street and Old Hawkhill
5) South Tay Street northbound between Nethergate and West Port
6) Temple Lane for its entire length.
7) Shepherds Loan for its entire length.
8) Perth Road eastbound between Hawkhill and Nethergate.
9) Pennycook Lane for its entire length.
10) Patons Lane for its entire length.
11) St Peter Street for its entire length.
12) West Wynd for its entire length.
13) Seafield Lane for its entire length.
14) Seafield Road between Perth Road and Seafield Road (north/south section).
15) Mid Wynd for its entire length.
16) Millers Wynd for its entire length.
17) Nethergate (i) east bound between Perth Road and West Marketgait and (ii) east bound between West Marketgait and Union Street.
18) Rankines Court for its entire length.
The closures are planned to run in the advertised order but this may be subject to change and more than one road may be closed at any one time. The one-way Orders relating to Shepherds Loan and Patons Lane are to be rescinded for the duration of the works.
Alternative routes will be available via (1) Guthrie Street/Horsewater Wynd/Hawkhill, (2) Guthrie Street/Horsewater Wynd/Hawkhill, (3) Nethergate/West Marketgait/West Port Roundbaout/Hawkhill/Hunter Street, (4) Nethergate/West Marketgait/West Port Roundabout/Hawkhill/Hunter Street/Old Hawkhill, (5) Nethergate/West Marketgait/West Port Roundabout/Hawkhill/Hunter Street/Old Hawkhill/West Port, (6) no diversion route available, (7) Magdalen Yard Road/Roseangle/Perth Road, (8) Hawkhill/Hunter Street/Old Hawkhill/West Port/South Tay Street/Nethergate, (9) no diversion route available, (10) Perth Road/Windsor Street/Magdalen Yard Road, (11) Perth Road/Ryehill Lane, (12) no diversion route available, (13) Thomson Street/Perth Road, (14) Perth Road/Roseangle/Bellefield Avenue/Seafield Road, (15) no diversion route available, (16) no diversion route available, (17) (i) Perth Road/Hawkhill/West Port Roundabout/West Marketgait (ii) South Marketgait/Yeaman Shore/Union Street and (18) no diversion route available.
If you have any queries, please contact the City Council's Network Management Team, City Development Department, Dundee House, 50 North Lindsay Street, Dundee DD1 1LS - phone 433082.