- Glasgow Kerbside - 72.5
- South Lanarkshire Raith Interchange - 62.9
- Aberdeen Wellington Road - 58.8
- Edinburgh St John's Road - 57.9
- Dundee Lochee Road - 55.4
- Perth Atholl Street - 55.1
- Aberdeen Union Street Roadside - 55.0
- Edinburgh Queensferry Road - 54.5
- Dundee Meadowside - 54.5
- Paisley Central Road - 50.7
Monday, February 11, 2013
Earlier today, along with a number of fellow councillors, parliamentarians and others, I attended a briefing on welfare reform, followed by a further meeting of the Remploy Action Group.
Tonight, during City Council meetings, at the Environment Committee, I highlighted concerns about air quality in the two streets in Dundee that Friends of the Earth recently highlighted as being the most polluted in Scotland - details below:
Top 10 most polluted streets for nitrogen dioxide in 2012 (figures in microgrammes per cubic meter, European standard 40):
Given that one side of Lochee Road at the location of concern (the junctions at Rankine Street/Cleghorn Street/Dudhope Terrace) is in the West End Ward, I asked a number of questions of council officers about steps that require to be taken to improve air quality here.