- Improvements to the pathway from Logie Street to the Tullideph sheltered housing.
- New hedge planting to replace the "temporary" fence at the east end of Magdalen Green. I requested the "temporary" fence on behalf of residents the best part of a decade ago, so some nicer hedging will be a welcome development.
- Scott Street entrance to Balgay Park - I have complained about its state before and was pleased to hear it will be improved and brightened up.
- Hunter Street - roundabout with Hawkhill by-pass - to be tidied, improved with new planting and birch trees.
- The old toilet block at Lochee Park will be removed and replaced with new toilets at the Lochee Park changing rooms.
Friday, 23 November 2012
Last night, after my ward surgery at Blackness Primary School, I took part in the latest meeting of the West End Local Community Planning Partnership (LCPP), which allows local councillors, council officers across various departments, police, fire & rescue, NHS and local community organisations to get together to discuss West End issues. On this occasion, the City Council Chief Executive attended part of the meeting, which was a welcome development.
We were given an update about progress with the proposed new Dundee Local Development Plan from a senior officer from the council's City Development Department. I again highlighted the issues of derelict buildings and the need to support our district shopping centres.
The LCPP meeting also had a welcome update from the Environment Department about proposed improvements in parts of the West End that include: