Monday 4 October 2010

Cleghorn Street fire concern

As reported in tonight's Evening Telegraph, I have condemned the idiot who set fire to a mattress in the stairwell of a tenement in Cleghorn Street earlier today.

This could have resulted in disastrous consequences and again highlights the dangers of dumping items such as furniture in stairwells and in the back greens of tenements.

It is reassuring that Tayside Fire and Rescue will risk assess any items dumped near housing to ensure these are removed and I would ask that residents contact them at Blackness Fire Station on Dundee 322222 should they have any concerns about dumped items near to housing.