Wednesday, 24 August 2011
This afternoon, I took part in the City Council's Scrutiny Committee at which I :
* Raised a question and took part in discussion about incidents of violence on council staff.
* Asked questions about the audit of the management of school transport, a very topical subject given my and parents' concerns about the lack of proper transport arrangements for St John's High School pupils who live in the West End.
* Praised the work of the council's very professional internal audit team.
* Raised the need for the council to adopt the use of encrypted USB memory devices within the City Council's network.
* Asked a question about the speed of processing of planning applications by the council.