Saturday, 29 November 2014
We're now half way through West End Christmas Fortnight and we've had a great first week! Earlier today both the Friends of Blackness Christmas Fair took place at Blackness Primary School - see photo right - and the Morven Terrace/Ancrum Place Sheltered Housing had their coffee morning.
Here's some of the events taking place during the final week of West End Christmas Fortnight :
• Sunday 30th November – Introduction to Papermaking - workshop at Dundee Contemporary Arts - from 11am! More information by calling DCA on 909900.
• Sunday 30th November – Friends of Riverside Nature Park are organising a tree-planting event from 1pm at the nature park.
• Monday 1st December – “Santa Clause Mask” - Craft for children at Blackness Library from 3.30pm to 4.30pm! (For children aged 5-11. Booking essential and children under 7 should be supervised; colouring sheets will be available for children under 5).
• Monday 1st December – The Time2Give West End Timebank’s Creative Writing Group “What’s the Story” is holding a Christmas Social event at Roseangle Arts Café from 4pm to 5pm. All welcome.
• Wednesday 3rd December – West End Community Groups’ Social Event at the Vine! With grateful thanks to the Vine for their help. Now fully booked.
• Friday 5th December – At 4.30pm, the West Port Christmas Lights are switched on – all local residents and businesses welcome.
• Saturday 6th December - Primary 6 football competition at St Joseph’s Primary School at 10am – with thanks to Matt Miller and the schools for all their help with this. P6 teams participating from all four of our local primary schools. All parents and family members welcome to spectate. Many thanks to Murray McDowell of Life Changing Choices for sponsoring this event.
• Saturday 6th December – Pennycook Court and Sinderins Court Christmas Coffee Morning – at Pennycook Court from 10am to 12 noon.
• Saturday 6th December – “A Walk in the Dark” – children’s event organised by the Friends of the University of Dundee Botanic Garden to explore the garden at night - from 4pm – further details available at www.tinyurl.com/walkdarkbotanics.