Friday, September 14, 2012
From Dundee City Council (West End proposals in bold):
DUNDEE CITY COUNCIL : ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
DUNDEE CITY COUNCIL (VARIATION OF WAITING RESTRICTIONS) ORDER 2012
Dundee City Council proposes to make an Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose of varying the provisions of several Waiting Restriction Orders affecting the City. The effect of the Order is set out in the Schedule below.
Full details of the proposals are contained in the draft Order, which together with a Statement of the Council’s reasons for proposing to make the Order may be examined during normal office hours and without payment of fee at (1) Dundee City Council offices, Reception, Floor 4, 21 City Square, Dundee and (2) Broughty Ferry Neighbourhood Library, Queen Street, Broughty Ferry, Dundee by any person, during a period of 21 days from 14 September 2012. A copy of the proposed plans can also be viewed by searching for "Traffic Regulation Orders (In Progress)" in the A to Z section of our website.
Any person may within 21 days from 14 September 2012 object to the proposed Order by notice in writing to the Head of Democratic and Legal Services, Dundee City Council, 21 City Square, Dundee. Objections should state the name and address of objector, the matters to which they relate and the grounds on which they are made.
Head of Democratic and Legal Services
Dundee City Council
1. To protect accesses and/or improve sightlines in Brown Constable Street/Long Wynd/Fort Street/Baker Road/Ainslie Street/Ivory Place/Arthurstone Terrace/City Road/Pitfour Street/Cleghorn Street/Baxter Street/Benvie Road/Ure Street/Baird Avenue/Rutherford Road/Mariner Drive/Blackness Road/Larch Street/Scott Court/Fairmuir Street/Marryat Street.
2. To relieve congestion in Logie Street/Muirton Road/High Street/Garnet Terrace/Stewart Street/Lorne Street/Eden Bank/Crichton Street/Wilkie’s Lane.
3. To relax unnecessarily severe restrictions in Milton Street/Urquhart Street/Camperdown Street/Roseangle.
4. To create a turnover and relieve congestion in Perth Road/Craigowan Road.
5. To reduce a length of waiting restriction to allow for a bus build out in Perth Road.
6. To remove markings due to changes in local needs in Whinny Brae/The Esplanade.
7. To provide better parking facilities for residents in Gourlay Yard.