Saturday, December 03, 2016
Today's West End Christmas Fortnight's events are :
• Gate Church, 158 Perth Road - Community Lunch with Gingerbread House Competition. 11.30am to 2.30pm. Bring the family for lunch or pop-in for coffee and cake. For a chance to win a prize you can join in the Gingerbread House Building Competition! No tickets required - entry and lunch/drinks are free - donations welcome.
• Blackness Primary School’s Christmas Fair (10am to 12 noon), organised by the Friends of Blackness, and with a large variety of stalls.
• City Church Christmas Fair - At the Friary from 10.30am until 4pm. There will be many different craft stalls, children's activities, and a Christmas cafe as well as entertainment.
• Christmas Vintage Market. 11am to 4pm at Roseangle Arts Café, Perth Road. Vintage clothing, jewellery, homewares, collectables, curios and more.
• Vintage motor cavalcade in the West End shopping areas, in conjunction with Dundee Museum of Transport – starts at 1pm. Kindly sponsored by Barnetts Motor Group, the cavalcade of vintage vehicles will proceed along Perth Road, Nethergate, West Port and Blackness Road. There will be carol singing from 1pm at the Sinderins too!
• Gate Church, 158 Perth Road - Christmas Tea and Carols Time – 3pm to 5.30pm. Join us for Christmas themed afternoon tea, a sing-along of traditional carols and craft activities. Please call 221222 to book a free place and, if required, transport to/from sheltered housing and residential/nursing homes available.