Sunday, 8 September 2013
This shows Dundee's Perth Road, leading to the west, with the north side to the right hand side.
The church of Ryehill Church (designed by George Shaw Aitken in 1878) is in the distant left (west) and the foot of Springfield (a set of villas now largely in the ownership of Dundee University) at the right. No. 37 Perth Road was John Fisher.
Mrs W. Kinmond, the tobacconist, was at No. 41, with Robertson's West End Livery Stables at Nos. 43 and 45. The Dundee Directory lists Mrs J. M. Robertson as 'coach proprietor and hotelkeeper', with stables at No. 32.5 King Street.
Alexander Wilson, who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.