REPORT FOR THE WEST END WARD - WEEK COMMENCING MONDAY 16 JANUARY 2023
Glamis Drive – closed eastbound in 2 phases for 3 weeks for Scotland Gas Networks work. Phase 1: Hazel Avenue to Glamis Road. Phase 2: Invergowrie Drive to Hazel Avenue.
Perth Road (at Pennycook Lane) – temporary traffic lights from Tuesday 10 January to Wednesday 18 January for bus shelter relocation.
West Marketgait (Northbound) at Greenmarket (new BT development) – off‑peak (9.30am – 3.30pm) lane closure for 5 no water service connections commencing 16 January for 2 weeks.
Blackness Road (at Blackness Avenue) – off‑peak temporary traffic lights on Thursday 19 and Friday 20 January for sign installation.
Riverside Drive (at Bridgeview Café) – temporary traffic lights on Monday 23 January (9.00am to 6.00am) for Scottish Water ironwork repair.
South Marketgait (at Railway Station) – off‑side westbound lane closure on Monday 23 January for Scottish Water ironwork repair.
Riverside Drive (Tesco roundabout to Barnetts Garage) – closed overnight (10.00pm to 6.00am) on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 January for Network Rail bridge safety inspection.
Session Street – closed from Monday 30 January for 2 weeks for Scottish Water work.
Blackness Road (at Annfield Road) – overnight (7:00pm to 6:00am) temporary traffic lights Monday 13 February for Scottish Water investigation work.
Lochee Road (at Blinshall Steet) – overnight (7:00pm to 6:00am) temporary traffic lights Monday 13 February for Scottish Water investigation work.
Glamis Drive – road closure on Monday 13 February for CityFibre works.
Dunmore Drive/Gardens – closed Thursday 23 February for 5 days for carriageway resurfacing.*
* On this work in Dunmore Drive/Gardens postponed from late 2022, we sought assurances from the City Council that the work will take place in early 2023. We have been advised as follows from the Senior Engineer - Roads Maintenance Partnership :
“At present all being well, the works are currently programmed for the last week in February, first week in March.
The only sticking point is with the increases in the Bitumen prices there may be a possibility that the works may be postponed until after March. I am currently working out the likely outturns for the works on site now against the budget so should have a better idea by the end of (this) week.
Once this has been completed I will let you know."