Fraser has been LibDem Councillor for the West End on Dundee City Council since 2001 and has topped the poll in all of the five council elections he has contested. He has served as the Council’s Education Convener, Finance Convener and Planning and Transport Convener. Fraser was appointed a Bailie by the City Council in 2017, in recognition of his 16 years of service to constituents.
Yesterday saw more excellent West End Christmas Fortnight events - including :
* A packed Children’s Christmas Crafts event at Logie & St John’s (Cross) Church this morning - hugely well-attended and many thanks to Lisa Earl of Create ... Kids Creative Craft Workshops, Sharon Dickie, Natalie Mackland and Lynne Cameron of the West End Christmas Committee, and all at the church for being so welcoming and providing refreshments :
Crafts event in full swing
Lynne Cameron, Rev David Gray and myself at the crafts event
* A well-attended (despite the weather) "Walk in the Dark" children's event at the Botanic Garden, organised by the Friends of the University of Dundee Botanic Garden :
* Pennycook and Sinderins Courts sheltered housing had their Christmas Coffee morning - a photo below of some of the stalls :
* Friends of Magdalen Green held their Soup and Pudding Lunch at Dundee West Church - a great success.
* St Margaret's Church in Ancrum Road held their Christmas Fayre in the afternoon.