A number of residents have contacted us about the unfortunate possible closure of the Invergowrie Medical Practice from 16th June.
Although this is situated across the boundary with Perth and Kinross, of its 1891 patients, 343 are in Dundee and of these 108 live in the West End.
The current position is that a group of representatives from NHS Tayside and the Perth and Kinross and Dundee health and social care partnerships has been established and it will consider five possible options :
- Invitation to submit a business case for another GP Practice to take over the practice contract
- Merge with another independent practice
- Merge with one of the two Dundee practices already operated directly by NHS Tayside
- Operate the practice directly by NHS Tayside
- Close the practice and disperse patients across other practices in surrounding areas
The outcome of the options appraisal will subsequently go before the Perth and Kinross and Dundee health and social care partnerships in due course and a final decision will then be made by NHS Tayside.
We are pleased to speak with any West End resident about the situation.