Saturday, 19 September 2015
The photograph below shows a section of Dundee's Perth Road's north side, looking to the west, with a no longer extant road at the righthand side.
The taller block is Hermonhill (numbered 21-27 Perth Road), the smaller one Hermonhill Terrace (1-6, disregarding continuous numbering of Perth Road). George H. Gibb, the town postmaster, lived at No. 21, Hermonhill House.
In 1895, the residents of the terrace included Mrs J. McCheyne (widow of the Rev. J. M. McCheyne, the prominent Dundonian preacher), George A. Harris, an architect, and the undertaker William Scarlett, who had offices in Ann Street and Logie Street.